Credit Building for Teens Workshop
August 15 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pmFree
Credit Building for Teens
Even if you’re not old enough to get a credit card or apply for a loan, it is important for teens to get a head start on developing a strong credit history. This webinar will help teens understand how credit works.
- If you have a job, building credit is partly about managing your hard-earned money and learning to pay bills on time, such as a monthly cell phone bill.
- Open a checking or savings account. Responsibly managing and maintaining these basic accounts will show a financial institution that you can handle money. If the account comes with a debit card, you will get experience using a card for withdrawing cash.
- If your job permits, set up direct deposit to your account. It is easier to save if the money isn’t sitting in your pocket!
- The first time you borrow money is likely to be college loans. Learn what interest is and how much you will end up replaying on top of a student loan.
- The workshop lasts about 45 minutes, followed by time for questions